Anatomical vs Anti-anatomical Placement of a Tilting-disk Mechanical Valve in Mitral Position
Shrinivas Gadhinglajkar, Rupa Sreedhar, GN Chennakeshavallu, Prashanth P Bhaskar, Varghese T Panicker
Citation Information :
Gadhinglajkar S, Sreedhar R, Chennakeshavallu G, Bhaskar PP, Panicker VT. Anatomical vs Anti-anatomical Placement of a Tilting-disk Mechanical Valve in Mitral Position. J Perioper Echocardiogr 2017; 5 (1):12-15.
CC BY-SA 4.0
Copyright © 2017; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- The experimental relationship between leaflet clearance and orientation of the St. Jude Medical Valve in the mitral position. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1992 Apr;103(4):638-641.
- Influence of bileaflet prosthetic mitral valve orientation on left ventricular flow— an experimental in vivo magnetic resonance imaging study. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2004 Oct;26(4):747-753.
- Practice guidelines for perioperative transesophageal echocardiography. Anesthesiology 2010 May;112(5):1084-1096.
- Acute postoperative block of mechanical prosthesis. Incidence and treatment. Cardiaovasc Surg 1994 Jun;2(3):403-406.
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographic diagnosis of a stuck bioprosthetic valve leaflet. Echocardiography 2007 Apr;24(4):436-438.
- J Card Surg 1988 Jun;3(2):103-108.
- Chordal preservation during mitral valve replacement: basis, techniques and results. Indian J Thorac Cardiovas 2005 Nov; 21:45-52.
- Disc immobilization of Bjork-Shiley and Medtronics Hall valves during and immediately after valve replacement. Ann Thorac Surg 1987 Jul;44(1):73-76.
- A rare complication of mitral valve replacement: sudden cardiac death for immobilization of disc valve by a unraveled suture. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 1995 Apr;36(2):167-169.
- Long-term results with the Medtronic-Hall valvular prosthesis. Ann Thorac Surg 1996 Mar;61(3):806-813.
- What is the ideal orientation of a mitral disc prosthesis? An in vivo haemodynamic study based on color flow imaging and continuous-wave Doppler. Eur Heart J 1989 Apr;10(4):346-353.