Anesthesiologist as Perioperative Echocardiographer
Citation Information :
Madhavan J. Anesthesiologist as Perioperative Echocardiographer. J Perioper Echocardiogr 2015; 3 (1):1-3.
CC BY-SA 4.0
Copyright © 2015; The Author(s).
How to cite this article
Puri GD, Madhavan JS. Anesthesiologist as Perioperative Echocardiographer. J Perioper Echocardiogr 2015;3(1):1-3.
- Ultrasound guidance in anesthesia AANA J 2011; 79:209-217.
- Focused cardiovascular ultrasound performed by anesthesiologists in the perioperative period: feasible and alters patient management. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2009; 23:450-456.
- Evaluation of systolic murmurs using transthoracic echocardiography by anaesthetic trainees. Anaesthesia 2011;66:785-790.
- Audit of anaesthetist-performed echocardiography on perioperative management decisions for noncardiac surgery. Br J Anaesth 2009;103:352-358.
- Dilemmas in preoperative assessment of children. Contin Educ Anaesth Crit Care Pain 2011; doi:10.1093/bjaceaccp/mkr039.
- History of emergency and critical care ultrasound: the evolution of a new imaging paradigm. Crit Care Med 2007;35:S126-130.
- Lung ultrasound in the critically ill. Ann Intensive Care 2014;4:1
- Perioperative echocardiography for noncardiac surgery: what is its role in routine haemodynamic monitoring? Br J Anaesth 2009;102:731-734.
- Echocardiography practice, training, accreditation in the intensive care: document for the World Interactive Network Focused on Critical Ultrasound. Cardiovasc Ultrasound 2008;6:49
- Impact of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography on surgical decisions in 12, 566 patients undergoing cardiac surgery. Ann Thorac Surg 2008;85: 845-852.
- Impact and cost-effectiveness of routine intraoperative transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography on surgical decision-making in pediatric cardiac surgery. J Perioper Echocardiogr 2014;2:3-9.
- The impact of preoperative focused transthoracic echocardiography in emergency noncardiac surgery patients with known or risk of cardiac disease. Anaesthesia 2012 67:714-720.
- The impact of focused transthoracic echocardiography in the preoperative clinic. Anaesthesia 2012 67:618-625.
- Comparison of effectiveness of hand-carried ultrasound to bedside cardiovascular physical examination. Am J Cardiol 2005 96:1002-1006.
- Focused cardiac ultrasound: recommendations from the American Society of Echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2013;26:567-581.
- The use of pocket size imaging devices: a position statement of the European Association of Echocardiography. Eur J Echocardiogr 2011;12:85-87.
- Preoperative transthoracic echocardiography when is it useful? Int Anesthesiol Clinic 2008;46:1-10.
- Impact of pulmonary hypertension on the outcomes of noncardiac surgery: predictors of perioperative morbidity and mortality. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005;45:1691-1699.
- Preoperative and perioperative care for patients with suspected or established aortic stenosis facing noncardiac surgery. Chest 2005;128:2944-2953.
- Preoperative echocardiography for hip fractures: time to make it a standard of care. Anaesthesia 2012;67:1189-1201.